Laboratory of high-mountain geocryology
Main research directions:
- Study of the laws of distribution and structure of permafrost and seasonally frozen grounds in the mountains and adjacent plains of Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
- Monitoring of the temperature regime of permafrost, seasonal freezing-thawing in various landscape conditions of the Northern Tien Shan and forecasting their changes due to climate change and human economic activity.
- Study of the laws of distribution, morphology, dynamics and evolution of cryogenic processes and phenomena, including on new moraines in connection with the degradation of glaciers and in the formation of glacial mudflows.
- Development of methods and producing of geocryological maps of various scales and purposes.
- Study and assessment of the degree of danger of geocryological processes and phenomena in the mountains and plains of Kazakhstan.